- John Dixon, an immigrant from England in 1844, purchased 160 acres in the vicinity of what is currently North Avenue and Pilgrim Road
- The land was donated to create Dixon School
- The first Dixon School was created in 1850, but later destroyed in 1870 due to a fire
- The building continued being a school until the 1950's
- The light, cream colored brick is indigenous to the Wisconsin region. Other historical buildings throughout Milwaukee share the same color bricks
- Since 2014, the building continues to house Cream City Yarn
Shown is a depiction of Cream City Yarn, the building which held a school house along with many various businesses.
The building's exterior highlights the original cream color,