- John Reinders started in the grocery business when he married his wife Margaret in 1885.
- They started a grocery store on Watertown Plank Road.
- It was a general store that sold everything, "People could buy their meats on the right side of the store, groceries on the left, go upstairs for shoes and boots, and in the back was a post office." John was the postman.
- The grocery store expanded when they started a feeding mill, customers came in for oats, corn and barley for their animals.
- They always had what customers needed.
- In 1908 the grocery store had coal, a few years later they started selling gasoline.
- They even sold Harley Davidson Motorcycles.
- The gas was only seven and a half cents per gallon.
- The store closed on June 16, 2007.
Approximate location of the grocery business if it were still in operation today